Job Specification: Design Engineer Construct! (DEC!) Industry Support
Apply with CV and covering letter to our HR consultants, inHR Ltd, at email@example.com by 5pm, Thursday 15th June 2017.
Candidates must be available to attend St Ambrose Barlow RC High School, Salford for a full day on 6th July to spend time in a classroom, followed by an interview. Reasonable travel expenses will be paid on production of a VAT receipt.
Location: Home-based with daily travel, predominantly in the Shropshire and Herefordshire areas. Must be prepared to travel monthly or as required to Head Office near Clitheroe, Lancashire. Pre-approved reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed.
Commencement Date: Monday 4th September 2017. Initial training will include 2 weeks in a Stratford-upon-Avon school to enable the understanding of the needs of a DEC! teacher.
Report Status: The DEC! Industry Support will report to the Managing Director.
Hours: This is a Full Time role. Working hours will be 37.5 paid hours per week working Monday – Friday. COYO office hours are 9.00am to 5.30pm on Monday to Friday (inclusive) of each week with 1 hour unpaid lunch per day, however the role holder will be required to work flexibly to attend meetings in schools before/after the start/end of the school day to allow for one-to-one meetings with teachers and/or industry personnel.
Remuneration & holidays: £30k to £35k gross, depending on experience, together with auto enrolment compliant pension scheme. All full-time employees are entitled to 23 days annual paid holiday, plus all UK statutory holidays (currently 8 days).
Main Objective: To provide specialist digital and BIM skills to support teachers in the Shropshire and Herefordshire areas to deliver the Design Engineer Construct! (DEC!) Learning Programme – full training will be provided, and information regarding the programme can be found here: http://designengineerconstruct.com/.
You will use your excellent digital design, engineering and construction skills and great knowledge of BIM processes to inspire and support teachers delivering DEC! in their schools. This will involve both face-to-face and remote support as well as the creation of assets and tools for general teacher use. Your expertise will help teachers learn and feel confident in industry processes in order that they can inspire and support their students.
The DEC! Learning Programme incorporates industry and school partnerships via COYO’s ‘Adopt A School’ scheme. You will also support this relationship, enabling ‘Adopters’ to make an impact within the limited time they have available.
6 month probationary period and ongoing regular appraisals.
- Relationship Management: develop relationships with Shropshire and Herefordshire area schools, jointly with COYO Education Manager;
- Promotion of DEC!: promote the benefits of DEC!, in support of the Education Manager;
- Inspiring teachers and school senior leaders to offer DEC!: in support of the Education Manager;
- Teacher Training: train teachers to prepare for first DEC! teaching, supporting teachers in production of a DEC! ‘outline teaching plan’ and offering further support as required;
- Teacher Support: keep regular contact with teachers on a one-to-one basis, visiting classes, giving phone, email and web technical support and coaching the teachers to use industry tools and techniques;
- Adopter and Teacher Support: support Adopters and teachers in mapping industry support to DEC! curriculum and outline teaching plan;
- Deliver Professional workshops: deliver professional DEC! workshops in schools, for example, “Eco Classroom” workshop, ‘expert’ workshops etc.;
- Careers Information, Advice and Guidance: support DEC! teachers – training will be provided;
- Gathering data: for impact assessment, in support of the Data Manager; produce post-school visit records of activity; provide feedback reports on teacher technical needs and build into COYO resources as appropriate;
- Developing resources: work with the MD to develop best practice sessions, examples and other resources as well as creating assets and tools for general teacher technical support.
- Understand and follow COYO processes and procedures: follow COYO processes and procedures as appropriate and provide feedback for improvement where applicable.
- Managing Director: technical knowledge and Adopter liaison
- PA to the MD: Adopter and School engagement
- Education Manager and Schools Support: School engagement
- Data Manager: data collection, analysis and reporting
- Official training partner: resources, teacher support and training
- School staff, especially senior leaders and DEC! teachers
- Industry professionals, especially those delivering DEC! Learning Programme support/activity sessions in schools
- 4+ years’ relevant industry experience, including a range of project sizes and types
- A good understanding of multi-discipline design and construction issues
- Ability to inspire young people and their teachers
- Experience in teaching or training
- Good understanding and experience of BIM
- Degree in construction-related field
- Autodesk Revit and Bentley AECOSim software skills
- Ability to influence and persuade
- Able to set own work timetable and make progress towards objectives
- Current driving license and own transport
The successful applicant:
- will be able to satisfy all DBS checks required to be able to work with children
- will have a clean disciplinary record
- will possess an excellent work ethic with great organisational skills
- will be capable of independent work, and work well with our existing team
- will be highly motivated to celebrate the technical and professional AEC industry as a first choice career destination.